Yá’át’ééh, Shí éí Donovan yinishyé (Hello, they call me Donovan.)
I serve as the Acting Program Supervisor for the Office of Navajo Nation Library, which is the Main Library based in the heart of the Navajo Nation, Window Rock, AZ. It is a great privilege to serve Diné in this fashion.
Also, I host a podcast nowadays too!
You can check it out here:
I still design….
I’m a multidisciplinary designer who’s focus lies heavily on graphic design, web, and UX design. I feel my skills are expertly achieved with:
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Adobe XD
- WordPress – I encourage the use of WP and I create WP themes
- Designing/developing web pages from scratch, I’m efficient with XHTML and CSS
- User testing and mapping the user experience
- Logo making, branding, typography, print design, layout design, photo-editing, and photo manipulation
It is within our traditions that we introduce ourselves, since digital connectivity is a form of bonding – this section will go over my identity in Diné Bizaad:
Naakaii Diné éí nishłí
I am from the Moving People clan
Dził tááh Diné Kinyaa’aanii báshíshchíín
Born for the Side-of-the-Mountain People of the Towering House clan
Mąíí Deeshgiizhnii dashicheii
My maternal grandfathers are of the Coyote Pass clan
Ná’toh Diné Táchii’nii dashinálí
My paternal grandfathers are of the Tobacco People of the Red-Streaking-Into Water clan